Eat your way around Guanajuato!
The original Guanajuato food tour was established in 2014. Tour the food stalls, the markets, and the sites of a unique colonial Mexican city with your experienced hometown guide. Eat where the locals eat in the daytime on a walking city tour of Guanajuato, a UNESCO World Heritage city. Don’t be fooled by copycat tours – book with the best!
On this three-hour Guanajuato tour starting at 9:30 a.m. you will
- Visit a Mexican bakery and sample warm pastries
- Try fresh-squeezed juices with a variety of fruits and vegetables
- Visit a local market with your local guide
- Sample typical street food items like tamales, sopes, and gorditas
- Eat typical market foods like tacos, carnitas, or a veggie alternative
- Top it all off with street stall ice cream
Along the way on your walking tour of Guanajuato, you’ll learn about the history and key sites in the city, ride a funicular train, and walk the pedestrian-only “callejon” back alleys of the city. See why more than 200 groups have come away talking about the great time they had on our Guanajuato tour.
Maps and directions
Daytime Guanajuato Street Food Tour
We begin the daytime tour by the fountain in Embajadoras Park. This is a 10-15 minute walk from "Teatro Juarez and Jardín de Union" (750 meters). Follow the pedestrian-only street past the Don Quixote Museum, under Santo Cafe, past the Cervantes Theater and plaza, then proceed down "Calle Sangre de Cristo" to the park. Look for your guide at the fountain.
700 PESOS EACH (AROUND US$33)
600 PESOS EACH (AROUND $30)
Children 12 and under with adults on day tours: 300 MXN each.